Thursday, May 30, 2013

Just like the Karate kid

So I took a Group Kick class at the gym yesterday and I was pretty much the best one in there.

You know... there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo-staff - Napoleon Dynamite 

So I pretty much rocked the class, I looked like this:


I really think they should pay me to take this class because I made it look so EASY!! hahahahaha!!!! Okay, I looked like a very uncoordinated giraffe. Ughhhhh, it was not pretty folks. But with that said I will go back. Everyone has to start somewhere. There are VERY few people who can walk into a class (of any kind) and look like a pro. The instructor was really nice and energetic which made it easy to get into the class. Plus once again, people aren't looking at you, they are worried about what the hell they are doing.  But I will confess that I felt like ALL of the instructor's instructions or tips were meant for me because I was effing up the moves.  I confessed this to my friend afterwards and she said she felt the SAME WAY! So it wasn't just me!!! 

My point of this story, whether you are starting to run, kick box, lift weights, swim, etc, you are going to look like an uncoordinated giraffe. That is OKAY!! NO ONE CARES!!! Seriously, most people are too busy concentrating on what they are doing to give a rats ass about what you are doing. Yeah you might get some glances, but they are probably checking you out ;)  or they are saying "hey look at this girl, this is her first time trying (insert whatever it is you are doing) and she looks like I did when I first did (insert same word)." No one at the gym expects you to be a pro your first go around, they are just glad you are moving your butt. This has been my motto lately, "GET YOUR ASS UP AND MOVE!!" Not only at the gym, but at home too. Now that the weather has been decent (except the last few days with tornadoes and such) we have not been watching TV at all in the evenings. So my evening looks like this now:
Get home
Make Dinner
Eat Dinner (We do sit for this!!)
Clean up Dinner
Play
Bath time (R)
Put R to bed
Then it is time to get moving...

I clean the house or do something where I am moving. No more sitting on the couch to watch TV. Instead of breaking up with the scale, I think I am going to break up with the TV. There really isn't anything good one right now (Walking Dead won't start until Octoberish and Grey's won't be back on until this fall as well) So I am doing my best to stay active at night too. I am sure I will fall off of this wagon as well, but that is okay because I am NOT perfect. I am sure I will spend the night watching some STUPID show for a couple of hours, but that is okay as long as I don't do that every night. Life is too short to spend it in front of the TV. Plus before I started P90X I was cleaning my house on a regular basis during the week so on the weekends I could spend the WHOLE weekend playing with R or making something fun, I want to get back to that. I hate spending the whole weekend playing catch up for the things I didn't have time to do during the week.  Weekends should be for fun things, not chores. I get that not EVERY weekend is going to be a fun packed mini vacation, but I also don't want to feel screwed when I didn't get anything done at home. You know what I am talking about, you have things schedule during the weekend so you don't have ANY time to do any chores and then Sunday night you feel like crap because your house looks like crap! Well I am done with that feeling. I have things I want to get done and well gosh darn it, I am doing to do those things!

WOW, what a novel. Sorry! But I hope you feel like you can try something new now. I don't care if it is at the gym or a cooking class. Try something new!! You might like it. 
See he tried something new and look what happened. 

Sorry, we read this to R to try to get him to try new foods. But I think it still applies to adults too. Give something a try and if you don't like it then you don't have to do it again. For me I will do Group kick again and who knows in a couple of months they may ask me to teach the class!! YEAH RIGHT!!! But I will look better than I did the first time. GOOD BYE UNCOORDINATED GIRAFFE, well until I try something else. :) 

Have a good day and if you live in the mid-west please be aware of the weather, it is looking a little iffy out there. These tornadoes really seem to have it out for us this year!! Be safe my friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment