Monday, May 6, 2013

Color Me Rad 5K

Well I ran in my 2nd 5K this weekend and it was a GREAT time. I ran in the Color Me Rad 5K in Wichita KS.  It was not a timed run so I have no idea how fast or slow I ran the thing, but I ran the whole thing and I was not last. A win win in my book!! Did I mention that is was freaking cold too.  It was only 48 degrees, but that stupid wind made it feel like it was in the 30's. And then it would sprinkle on us from time to time.  So needless to say the weather was NOT cooperating with us, but we still managed to have a GREAT time.

This is what I looked like before the race.

This is what I looked like afterwards. 

This place was crazy, but so much fun.

I want to add that this was my friend Rachel's first 5K.  She has been doing the couch 2 5K program.  The furthest she had ran on this program was 2 miles, but she did awesome on Saturday.  She ran the whole thing and only stopped for a few seconds to get sprayed with color. If you wanted to get sprayed with color you had to slow down or completely stop.  We had to stop a few times, but it was only for a few moments. I was so proud of her for running the whole thing. 
And this is what I looked like at Buffalo Wild Wings. We didn't clean up before heading into the restaurant and I felt kind of bad about it and then when we walked in there were other  runners from the Color Run. :) 

So after we got back from Wichita, I took a nap!!! I was stinking tired, but once again it was from lack of sleep the night before because I was freaking out about getting up early to meet up with Rachel. After my glorious nap I got up and got myself ready.  
That is much more appropriate for the public. I promise I don't run around with mud or multi-color powder all the time, only for special occasions. 

Then I took it easy the rest of the night. R was with my parents since I had to get up early again on Sunday and go play softball. And Jed had gone to the sand dunes on Saturday and I have no idea of when he would be coming home so R got to spend another lovely weekend with my parents. So that night I decided I would try a new recipe that I have been wanting to make.

that is all it took to make some really yummy dip!! 

For a 1/4 cup of the dip it is only like 105 calories and it was YUMMY!! everyone who tried it yesterday couldn't believe that it was so low in calories. I found the recipe here Here. Then I brought baked Lays potato chips and some pickled Okra.  So really I didn't do all that bad on Sunday, but then there was one down fall, BEER!! I consumed a lot of it.  So the calories I saved by eating healthy I made up for in drinking. Oh well. At least I didn't eat unhealthy crap and drink all in the same day, see I am making progress :) 

Well that is all I have for you folks. I hope you had a good weekend and your week goes smoothly. I am planning on spending the whole next weekend with Jed and R.  NO PLANS, other than to cuddle with my kiddo!!  Don't forget next weekend is mother's day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment