Friday, March 1, 2013

Schedules

Today I want to talk to y'all about schedules.  HOW DO YOU MAKE TIME TO WORK OUT??


Here is a run down of my schedule right now:
6:30 a.m. I wake up (I know I really should get up earlier)
7:00-7:15 - R gets up and I get him ready.  I also throw a load of laundry in before I leave for work.
7:45-8:00 - We are all running out the door frantically. 
8:00-4:00pm - Work
4:00-5:00 pm - I either run or run errands at this time.  Or on rare days when I have no errands to run and I'm letting my body heal, I go pick up R :)
5:00 - 6:30pm - I make dinner and we all scarf it down
6:30-8:00pm - R TIME!!
8:00pm -  bath time for R (husband usually takes care of bath time, so I try my best to get the dishes done during this time)
8:30-9:00 pm - R's bed time
9:15ish -10:30ish - P90X TIME!!
10:30-11:30p.m. - Free time which means I either fold laundry, clean dishes, pick up the house, or simply sit my big butt on the couch and watch some TV. 
 
Last night this is what I did, but if you notice there is a laundry basket there, so you can say I was multi-tasking.  One glass isn't going to kill me and to be honest, I needed it. I have been having a hard time relaxing after P90X and I haven't been able to fall asleep. Wine always helps me with that problem.

I do my best to get my butt to bed by 11:00-11:30.  This gives me about 7 Hours of sleep which isn't bad.  But there are many nights where I do not get to bed before 11:30 and the next day is brutal and I rely on coffee to get me through the day.

People this is why I like routine because from Monday-Friday this is what I am doing during these times.If you call me at any of these times you can look at this schedule and I am 99% sure that this schedule will be right on. Not only is this good for R, but this is good for the whole family! It can get a little boring, but it is essential for this mom!

On the weekends everything changes and our life seems to slow down (for now, since it is winter). I love lazy Saturdays/Sundays because we stay in our PJ's for way longer than people should know about. There are times when R is taking his afternoon nap in his PJ's. WHOOPS!! But that is okay, it is the weekend!! Weekend's are meant for relaxing.  Speaking of naps, that is when this momma gets stuff done.  I either clean bathrooms, deep clean the kitchen, pick-up the WHOLE house! Seriously, being a mom is a much bigger job than I ever thought about.  THANK YOU MOM FOR BEING AN AWESOME MOM!! I seriously don't say that enough to my mom!!

The only problem I have is when we plan something for Saturday evening then my schedule gets a little bit hectic because during nap time is when I work out, which means house work is not getting done. But the beautiful thing about the weekend is that there are 2 days. So what ever I don't get done on Saturday I have to get done on Sunday. But if the world works exactly to my schedule and I get stuff done on Saturday then I can take a guilt free nap on Sunday and that my friends is a glorious day!!!

I use to fret about not having time to work out, but in reality it was just using  an excuse.  I had time. Right now, I don't watch a lot of TV and to be honest I really don't miss it. But I love my DVR because on Thursdays I record Grey's and on Sunday we record The Walking Dead. I am telling you, I will NOT give up those shows. But I also had to make some changes to my daily routine.  I NEVER use to do laundry at 7:45 in the morning and then fold that crap at 10:30 at night, but if I don't do it at these times then that crap doesn't get done. Our house isn't near as organized or as clean.  But that is okay because exercising makes me a better mom.  It really does and I noticed that it makes me a better wife too. As with anything there is some give and take here. And it seems like the longer we do P90X the more I find time here and there to get stuff done.

Okay here is another goal of mine:  I WANT TO BECOME A MORNING PERSON!!! CRAZY, RIGHT!!!
This is what I want to see when I am running in the morning.  Right now it still looks like a winter wonderland outside, but here in the next month I am hoping that I can put some sweats on and a hoodie and get my run on in the morning.  But we will see. I may NEVER be a morning person, but I would like to give it a try this spring. I think if I could accomplish this then my life might not seem so hectic!

Also, I am officially enrolled in my first 5K, thanks to my good friend Caite.  She got on the ball and signed me up on her team. I love having friends that aren't procrastinators like me!   I will be running March 30th in Salina, KS. I am excited and scared all at the same time.  It should be interesting!! I also got a group of ladies to come over and we are going to have a healthy cooking night.  We haven't come up with the menu yet, but I am excited.  Cooking isn't what gets me up in the morning, but there have been some new recipes that I have been wanting to try and I think if I have some friends helping me, I won't be so afraid to try them out.  I love that I have such awesome friends to help me on this journey!!

I am going to leave you with pictures of R. I am sorry, but isn't this kid adorable?!?!?
I was trying to get a picture of him standing up, but he wouldn't have it. Instead I got this gem!
 
 

Don't you love the cowboy boots and superman cape?  Maybe he does take after his momma a little!
 
 
HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND FOLKS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment