Monday, February 11, 2013

The Walking Dead and other random thoughts.

It is Monday, UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. Let's just say I am not as chipper as I was last week. I really have no excuse either.  Well maybe I could use this as an excuse.



Oh man, how did my picture get up there?? LOL Just joking.  The Walking Dead started back up on AMC and I LOVE that show. But I was a good girl, I still worked out with my 2 work out buddies and recorded the show.  But that meant we didn't start watching it until 11:00 that night. Yes people that means I didn't work out until 9:45ish. My child, did NOT want to go to sleep last night. I was about to my breaking point, but finally my wonderful husband was able to get him to sleep.  Thank goodness.  But regardless it put us about an hour behind. But I mean this is The Walking Dead, I couldn't pass it up. So I was dumb and watched it after we did P90X and today I am feeling it.

Someone last week asked "how do you find time to workout; don't you feel like you should be doing something else?" And the answer to the second half of that question is YES.  As a mother there is always something I should be doing. Other moms out there know this is true. There is always a load of laundry that needs to be done or a bathroom that could use a good scrub.  But I finally had to tell myself that my health is more important.  This person wasn't giving me a hard time, she just wanted to know HOW I did it.  Once again let me tell you that making this decision isn't easy. My house really isn't clean.  I mean it isn't horrible, but it isn't as clean as I would like it.  At times (like this morning) it was really bugging me that it wasn't as clean as I would like it. But I know the time I am using to get fit is important.  I have had to make some adjustments though. P90X takes at least an hour a day, but it can take as much as 1 1/2 hours. That is very valuable time folks. The time I use to work out is the time that I use to clean.  So how do I keep up?  I still do one load of laundry a day. But I start a load in the morning and then when I get home from work I throw it in the dryer.  And at some point (usually before I go to bed) I put it away. This saves me A LOT of time during the weekend playing catch up on laundry. Another trick I have is to clean while cooking. That means unloading the dish washer, cleaning the counters, or sweeping. Any little bit help, keep your butt off the couch while you are waiting for that water to boil or chicken nuggets to come out of the oven (and I said oven, stop using your fryer for things like that! They are just as good out of the oven). I don't usually sit down until it is time to eat.  Once dinner is over, I spend ALL my time with R. He needs this time and I need this time. I am lucky to have a husband that will watch R while I cook, but there are times when I ask them to spend their time with me in the kitchen so I can hang out with them while they play. These are just a few things I do so I can get through the week. Then on the weekend I play catch up with cleaning the rest of the house. It can be exhausting, but hey I am burning calories as I clean too :)

So when do I have time to run? Well, I am lucky to have a job that will be a little flexible.  My secret is that I don't take a lunch break.  This is helpful in 2 ways.  One I bring my lunch 90% of the time and that keeps me away from fast food. Secondly, I get to leave at 4:00.  So that is when I run. R is still at daycare and I get my butt to the gym and get my running done. Last friday I ran 2 miles by the way, YIPEEEEE for me.  And what time did I get to the gym?? I am pretty sure it was close to 8:15 PM. Yep, I dropped R off with my parents and head to the gym to get my run in. I really didn't want to.  I really wanted to go home and put my PJ's on and relax.  I had no kid or husband in the house and that meant I could watch whatever I WANTED.  But instead I went to the gym and ran.


Yeah I might have been the only one there for a little bit.  But by the time I got to mile 1 the gym was filling up.
 
Then I came home and took a shower and watched What Not To Wear.  I recorded it and I haven't had time to watch it, so I chilled for a little bit and watched it. That is another thing; you need to re-evaluate your relationship with your TV.  This is hard, but I don't spend that much time with my TV anymore. I simply don't have time.  Teen Mom, I have zero idea what is going on in that show. I even record it and I don't have time to watch it.  So what do I watch now?  Well I can't give up, Grey's Anatomy, What Not to Wear, and The Walking Dead. The bad thing about those shows are that they are an hour long!! But since I record them I can burn through them in about 45 minutes or so.  The point here is that you have to make time to work out, it isn't going to be easy, but it needs to happen. Did I work out on Saturday, NOPE!! But that is a choice I made.  My leggs were tired and I needed a rest. So I took Satruday off.  Was I regretting in on Sunday?  NO, well not until we started P90X and at that point I felt weak, out of shape or something.  I think taking 2 days off of P90x is NOT recommended. There is a schedule for it and we should probably stick to it.
 
Once again this is just how I do things.  If you can work out, play with your child, watch 3 hours of TV, and still have a clean house then that is AWESOME.  I just can't do it. There aren't enough hours in the day. But if you are watching 3 hours of TV a night and say "I don't have time to work out," then you are making excuses like I use to do. Really what you should be saying is "I would rather watch Teen Mom than work out."  And guess what, that is fine, but don't say you don't have time to work out. Also, if you can work out before work like my mother does then I have to give you an award.  For the love of pete I am lucky to get to work on time let alone workout before going to work. But I know for some people that is the only way to get it done. Do what works for you!!!!
 
Who watched the Walking Dead last night?? I DID!!! IT was awesome.  That show is another reason to keep working out too.  Do you really want to be the first one to be bit by a zombie or slow down your group?  I sure don't. Now you have something to think about until Wednesday when I have my weekly weigh in.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment