Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tuesday dulldrums

So yesterday wasn't the best day ever.  I mean it wasn't the worst day either, but I felt all grumpy ALL day long. So being the over analyzer that I am, I tried to figure out why I felt the way I did.  I mean come on, I have an adorable 2 year old, a handsome and sweet husband (not always, but as of this moment in my life, yes he is being sweet), I have a house that I love to come home to (even if it isn't the cleanest place on earth), and parents that love me. So what the hell do I have to complain about?? I kept coming up empty. So this mood lasted until I went to put on my work out clothes and found out that my 2 work out buddies are not going to work out.  One went to bed and the other one wanted to get some stuff done out in the barn. So there I am in my work out clothes trying to decide on whether or not I am going to work out on my own and then it hits me! I know why I am grumpy!! I know that my days of doing P90X with my hubby and workout buddy are pretty much done. Why?? The weather is getting nice and they would rather be outside doing things than inside with a grumpy lady who constantly curses while doing P90X. Why is this an issue? Well they make P90X fun. They joke around with me and do goofy things while we get our sweat on. So this makes me sad and also a little worried. How am I going to finish P90X without them?? So I decided to talk it out with Jed last night (lucky him)and we talked about a lot of things. It helped. I also realized that I CAN DO ANYTHING I set my mind to. So if I want to finish P90X I can do it! Or if I tweak my goal a little, then that is fine too! So what am I going to do?  Well, I am not 100% on this, but I'm going to finish P90X, but it may take me a little longer than I thought. I am going to do it at MY pace.  But I am also going to start going to gym and focus on my running and lifting weights. I haven't picked a gym yet, but I am really thinking that I am going to start going in the morning around 5:00. Any one want to join me??? I have some 5Ks coming up and I want to be better prepared for them. I also have a Warrior Dash and I need to up my cardio for that as well. The other thing I would love is to use this time as social time as well as workout time. Why?? Well I work with 2 other guys and then I go home to 3 guys (son, husband, and roommate). I MISS HANGING OUT WITH WOMEN!!! Before I got this job, I always worked with other women so I could chit chat about whatever it is us women talk about whether it be about our periods, husbands, children, etc.  Men don't like talking about that crap. I NEED TO TALK ABOUT THIS CRAP! I can't keep having the same conversation about RZRs, vehicles, and construction projects (work conversations). I miss having a woman co-worker is what I am getting at here. So anyways, Jed really helped me work through a lot of this last night and I know he isn't thrilled with the idea of me going to the gym in the morning, but he understands why I want to do it. So my question for y'all.  What gym do you go to and would any of you be available to work out at 5:00 a.m. in the morning?? Come on, there has to be SOMEONE!!

So with all this said, I woke up this morning and I felt a lot better.  I brought my workout clothes with me today and I plan on going for a run at 4:00 today.  Although I forgot my tape (for my shins) so I am little nervous about that, but I think I can tough it out for one run (keep your fingers crossed). But my mood is much better today. What do you guys do to stay motivated?? How do you handle change? I obviously don't handle change very well, but I am trying to do better about that.

I have zero fun pictures for you guys too. So I thought I would give ya some oldies but goodies, enjoy:

At a wedding reception (2009??)
At our wedding.  Yep I am wearing a hoodie.  That is why I love this picture.  It tells you a lot about who I am :)
 
At a bar in Manhattan during a K-State game. I love Basketball and Football season! (2009)
 
On the River with my cousin and my other cousin's boyfriend (who is now her husband). That was a GREAT float trip. (2009)

This is one of my FAVORITE pics of all time. Those two are such goofballs. This picture makes my soul smile. (2010)
 
I miss how little and cuddly he was. Look at that smile (2011)



R's 2nd birthday (2012)



We are at the Sand dunes. (2012)


2 comments:

  1. I had one of these days yesterday. Just blah. Not happy....and nothing was really bad, I just was frustrated about business stuff. I wish we lived closer to you guys. We could so motivate each other and make fun of each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah that would be nice!!! It must have been a Tuesday thing because another friend said she had one of those day yesterday too!! I think the weather is making it worse too. I am so ready for nice sunny 70 degree days!!

      Delete