Monday, March 10, 2014

There is a first time for everything

So I headed into the weekend really not knowing what it would hold for me. I was worried that I COULDN'T stick to my cleanse and that some how I would screw up my 7 mile run.

And the best way to explain my weekend is through pics, so enjoy!


Made from scratch cinnamon apple pancakes. ALL CLEAN INGREDIENTS!
 
And shortly after this, I headed to bed and watched Grey's Anatomy. I know, exciting! The pancakes were seriously the best part of the night. Even Jed liked them!! These will be made again!
 
Started Saturday morning with some Laziness, which was A OKAY in my books. And then I had this:


 
This is a Chia pudding recipe and it turned out REALLY good as well. Once again, it was allowed by my cleanse!
 
 

 
Saturday night's dinner. I thought was SUPER yummy. Jed thought it NEEDED a starch, like rice to go with it.  I thought it was GREAT by it self, but apparently next time we make it I will have to serve either rice or beans with it. Either way, it will be made again as well.
 
 
Then, we were invited to come over to a friend's house for drinks. I thought about avoiding all social things with alcohol, but decided against that. You have to live your life. I did awesome and didn't have a drop of alcohol.
 
Sunday afternoon, I SLOWLY jogged my 7 miles. FIRST TIME EVER TO GO PAST 6 MILES. I ran in the stinking wind and it was HARD, but I did it. I wanted to stop several times and I did ONCE to walk for about a tenth of a mile. The wind got so bad in one spot I felt like I was running in place. So I walked until I got to my turning point and knew the wind would be pushing me instead of working against me. I don't feel bad about walking at all!
 
 
I have never burned more than 1,000 calories in a work out. BOOM, NAILED IT!
 
Came home and cuddled with this guy! Because honestly that is all I could do!! LOL My legs were shot after running. And I'm wearing flats to work today for that reason. They are still exhausted from yesterday's run.
 
So all in all, I had a GREAT weekend. I achieved things I wasn't sure was possible. And I learned a few things as well. ONE: you have to work out during the week. After my run, I was spent for the rest of the evening. What a waste.  This week I'm going to work on lifting and running to gain some strength for these long runs. TWO: If I set my mind to do something, it is actually possible to come true. THREE: I can make it a whole weekend without drinking and not be sick, pregnant, or unconscious. LOL
 
Next weekend I have 8 miles to run. It just gets scarier and scarier folks. But I know I can do it. It may not be pretty, but I'm in this. I am going to run this half marathon and more than likely this won't be my last one!
 
Have a good week folks. And I will talk about the recipes in my next post. There was just too much to share to fit in one post. That is strange! LOL I will also have a conclusion on my cleanse on Friday.
 

And since I'm on an ecard roll, why stop now!! LOL 



No comments:

Post a Comment