Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Awesome moves

So last week I had first post on Crossfit and how awesome it was.  Well then training session 2 came along and KICKED MY BUTT.  Tuesday night's WOD (workout of the day) just about killed me. I have seen people do burpees and I have done a few in my life, but Holy cows. I had to do 3 rounds of those babies and they just about did me in.

Here is what a burpee is:

This is what my trainer was thinking:

When he put this WOD on the board, I totally thought "I got this."
200 M. Row (on a rowing machine)
9 Burpees
9 Kettle bell swing (I think that is what it is called)

Let me remind you, spent a good part of the evening going over these moves before the workout. But I totally under estimated this workout. After one round I thought I might die. And I still had 2 more to go and they were timed!!

So I got through the workout and I finally gave Crossfit it's respect that it deserves. It sucks, but it feels great when you finish the workout. It is also good to know that the trainer is watching our every move to make sure our form is right.

So I was sore for a couple of days and then Friday came and that was suppose to be my 3rd training session, but I got sick.  And not only did I get a little sick, I got FREAKING REALLY sick. My tonsils felt like they were golf balls, I had a 101 degree fever, a headache the size of Texas, and the chills 99% of the time (the other 1% I felt so hot that I thought my clothes would melt off, #twss). So I had to call in sick! And then I was sick all freaking weekend with this crap and it was HORRIBLE. I spent most of the weekend in bed sleeping or watching Dexter (have you seen that show, I'm officially addicted, Thank you Netflix).

Finally Monday morning I woke up and I felt 75% better, I still had a horrible headache which I think was because I was dehydrated since I could hardly drink anything without wanting to punch myself in the throat.  So Monday morning I went to work and drank as much freaking water as I could. And by noon I was feeling back to normal. Which meant I could go to my 4th session (technically my 3rd) and I got lucky because all we did was go over moves, we didn't have a WOD. When I found out we weren't doing a WOD, I felt like doing this
But I was a little worried he might think I was crazy or trying to seduce him with my awesome moves. LOL

But tonight will be a whole other story, I know that last Friday the trainer was pretty brutal on the other person in my class. YIKES, I better have my game face on tonight.

In other news I decided that I'm going to TRY my best to take a picture once a day (probably in the morning before work) hoping that over the next few months I will start to see a different. I may do this with my workout clothes too. This is more for me because sometimes it is harder for us to see the improvements we have made.  So I hoping that having a bunch of pictures will help encourage me and inspire me instead of using the darn scale!

Well I hope your week is off to a good start. My goal is to NOT get sick this week. I think that is a good goal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment