Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The bad news

So I had to quit the cleanse. :(  I know so sad. I was kicking it's ass too. But Monday afternoon my stomach started to bug me and I thought it was because I didn't have that big of a snack and so I thought maybe I needed to eat more. So I had another snack and that seemed to help for about 5 minutes and then it started hurting again.  Well, I just decided to keep on going and forget about it. Then supper came and I ate all of my dinner (Left overs from the weekend) and went on with my night.  But as the night progressed so did the pain in my stomach. At about 3:00 am I didn't think I was going to survive!! It wasn't like a gut ach, it was full on "I'm going to throw up" feeling. And I did. And then I did again around 8:00 a.m. Now let me state this, I'm 99.99999999% sure that is WAS NOT the cleanse.  There has been a bunch of crap going around and R had some kind of stomach bug 2 weeks ago. So I don't think it was the cleanse at all.

I was going to take just a day off and then hit it hard again today, but then when I woke up I still felt VERY queasy and I knew that I couldn't make myself eat breakfast so there was no way I was going to be able to take the fiber drink. So I knew the whole thing was off at that point. Once again, I'm pretty disappointed in this. Mostly because I was on the freaking downhill of it!!

So what does that mean from here on out.  Well some of you asked about the recipes that I tried this weekend and I'm going to spill the beans now.  They were all paleo recipes.  I was trying to find some recipes that were low carb and clean for the cleanse and I ran across this website Paleomg.com. I started reading a bunch of her recipes and most of them sounded delicious. Not only does she give out these great recipes, but she also blogs about her every day life. LOVE IT! SOLD!!! So I tried a few this weekend. Like the Caramel Apple Pancakes shown here( Recipe found here):
I didn't make the caramel though, I thought that might be pushing the limits for the cleanse. But they were VERY yummy.  Actually better than the pancake mix that I normally use.  I didn't use your normal wheat flour, I used coconut and tapioca flour instead. And it workout AWESOME. and it is just better for you.

Then I tried the chocolate coffee chia breakfast pudding. It turned out like this:
And it was yummy as well. Now I have NEVER had Chia before, but I know that they are healthy, but I wasn't sure how to use them. Well now I do and it turns out they can be used in a tasty recipe.

Then there was the pork recipe that I most excited about because I thought Jed would fall in love with it, (crockpot pulled pork chili) It looked something like this:


I added the egg though, I thought it would be yummy with an egg. AND IT WAS! But Jed thought it needed a starch and in the end I think what he was missing was the beans.  Normally when we have Pork chili we have beans and tortillas to go with the meal, but not this one. So next time I make it, I will make some beans with it. Jed is a meat and potato guy, but the potato part is what gets me into trouble EVERY TIME! But I know there are healthier ways to make beans so I am going to try that next time.

But there you have it. Those were my new recipes. What does this mean going forward?  Well I'm going to try my best to stick to a paleo diet and see where that takes me.  I mean come on, if I can have those pancakes up there and STILL lose weight, then I'm in. If you are intrigued, give her website a look. I DO NOT KNOW THIS PERSON, I SIMPLED STUMBLED ACROSS THIS! But every time I come back to her website, I fall more and more in love with it.

Also, I am going to weigh myself tomorrow and that will be my final weigh in for the cleanse. And I will probably take pics either tonight or tomorrow night. And I will let you know what I actually think of the cleanse, the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Have a good week folks!!
Don't wish for this, it is bad. I promise!!!
 

Also, sorry for the repeat pics. I didn't want to steal photos off of paleomg's website (which are MUCH better) so I just re-used mine. And no they aren't pretty, but they were yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment