Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What happens when you don't make it to the gym??

Okay so I just wrote a BIG ole blog post and it sounded too preachy(I think I was trying to preach to myself more than anything!!). So I am starting over.

Let me start by saying, I did NOT workout yesterday and I was feeling pretty shitty about it. I went to Hobby Lobby and the grocery store instead. It put me in a funk yesterday evening and I was still pretty grumpy about it when my friend came over in the evening to help me with some baby shower invites.  But then we got to talking and that feeling went away. We didn't really talk about working out or eating healthy, we talk a WHOLE lot about other crap. We did talk shortly about working out and eating healthy, but for the most part we talk about being a mom, wife, employee, etc. And it made me realize that life goes on when you don't make it to the gym. I am a mom and a wife and just because I didn't make it to the gym, they still need me to be the mom and wife they know and love.

So this morning I woke up and the first thing I thought about was how I didn't make it to the gym yesterday, but then I immediately remembered my conversation yesterday and I came to the conclusion that even though I failed at working out, I succeed at being a friend, mom, and wife yesterday.  That is a win in my book. I need to take my own advice and move forward. Today is a new day and I will get to the gym today. I also ate bread last night and some chips. I really felt like a failure after dinner last night, but why? I am human and I make mistakes. Once again today is a NEW day and I will eat better today. And if I don't then I need to evaluate why I am not eating better.

As I am writing this, I realized why I get so grumpy about missing my gym days or eating crappy food. It is because I am constantly scared that I will go back to my lazy/unhealthy ways. I don't want to be THAT Jessica any more. So when I miss one of my normal gym days I get all panicky that I am going to just quit. I don't want to quit again.  I have quit soooooo many times before. I guess that is why in the back of my head I keep thinking that there will come a day when I say "remember when I use to go to the gym all the time and eat healthy." I DON'T WANT TO SAY THAT ANY MORE!!  I want that sentence to NEVER come out of my mouth.

Sorry for the super serious post, but it is what is on my mind today. So if you are down on yourself for NOT making it to the gym or eating crap, STOP. Go do something about it. Go outside and go for a walk, go to the gym, put a work out video in, eat an apple stead of that bite size candy bar, eat at home today instead of going out to eat, etc. Just do something about it!!!! The more your fret about it, the worse it will get.  Take it from the master fretter!!

AND NOW FOR SOME RANDOM PICTURES!!

My baby is no longer a baby. Isn't he such a cool kid. :) 

we had a little visitor at our house yesterday! 
my mom playing trucks with R this last weekend. This is one of my favorite pics. R is very lucky to have such loving grandparents. 
This is me blogging in the dark. When I am super organized, I write my blogs at night time. 
I am really digging yogurt these days. I really like this brand too, but my favorite kind is pinapple. YUMM!!

Have a good hump day folks!! I will be back on Friday!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment