Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I work out!!

Let me start by saying that I am sore, sore, sore today. On Monday I did a workout and I walked out of the gym thinking, well that was a pretty decent workout.  Boy was I wrong.  It was a KILLER workout. My ass and hips are still sore today. So some of you may be asking, what on Earth do you do at the gym. Well I do a little bit of everything. But what I think what really made me sore was a curtsy squat. 
This is not a picture of me, duh! I wish I looked that good!! :) 

I did 12 of those and 3 sets of them. After I did them I wasn't shaking or even really feeling fatigued, but I must have done something right because they really worked my hip and ass muscles. 


This IS a picture of ME. yeah I forgot to tell you that I turned into a boy over night!! LOL

I have been doing some work outs on a Bosu ball and that has been interesting.  I haven't EVER used that until I started to go to this gym. You basically do crunches on the Bosu and I do use a medicine ball, but I keep it close to my chest, but I am guessing you could do them without a medicine ball and still get a good workout, just make sure you squeeze the crap out of the muscles when come to the top of your crunch. I was told to squeeze like you are expecting someone to punch you, it really makes a difference. 
yep this is a picture of me too!! One day I got a little too much sun!! HAHAHAHA

I add weights to this one, but I would recommend doing a few squats to get your balance and then add the weights. 

And I still do push-ups and I still HATE them. But I am getting better at them. 

I just downloaded Fitness Builder app on my phone and it has a bunch of workouts and you can look up stuff and it will tell you how to do things.  I am going to give it a try today. Or I hope to, like I said my legs are still on fire so I may have to take a day off which really irritates me to take a day off during the week, but at the same time I know that I need to listen to my body too. 

What have you all been doing?? Anything fun and new that I should try.  I am always up for a challenge, it keeps me motivated to go to the gym. Speaking of the gym again, I am still going to group power on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If your gym offers that, I would suggest taking it. I like the music and it really does push me to try harder. 

I also tried a interval training on the elliptical machine and that was fun.  I found that on Pinterest. I love Pinterest, you can find just about anything on there! At some point I will try to take pics of me doing some of these moves so you know that I am actually doing them!! LOL 

Well that is all I have for today.  Thank you for all the positive feedback yesterday. I know that the progress isn't the fastest, but to be honest I really feel like the last month I have made some huge improvements and isn't that what this journey is about. I know I will never be PERFECT, but a work in progress is what I am!! 

Have a good hump day!! 

On Friday I will let you in on a little secret! 

No comments:

Post a Comment