Friday, September 20, 2013

The big weekend is nearly here

Day 4 of the challenge was okay.  I ended up eating at Subway and having a sandwich instead of a salad. Then I had half of R's cookie and baked lays.  This normally wouldn't be a huge problem, but since part of the challenge was to eat as clean as possible it meant all the bread and chips were no good. But the rest of the day went pretty good. Today I tried something new for breakfast.  I had seen this recipe for over night oats.  It was okay, but next time I will heat it up before I eat it and use bananas instead of blueberries.




You use a peanut butter jar with basically nothing left in it and add some almond milk, protein powder (I used chocolate Vcore) and some oatmeal. You put it in the fridge the night before and it is ready to eat the next morning. Like I said, I will try this again, but will heat it up and use bananas.

Tomorrow is the big day. I have my Tough Mudder tomorrow morning at 9:40. 

I am excited and a little nervous. My goal is to finish the darn thing and to complete over a majority of the obstacle courses. Oh boy, what did I sign myself up for? 12 miles of hell!! LOL   I am heading out of town tomorrow morning and so it will be a long day. I will do my best to take a bunch of pics, but I won't be able to take my phone on the actual obstacle course so there won't be any action photos. With this said, I will do my best to watch what I eat and the exercise portion will be good, but I can guarantee that I will drink beer on Saturday. Sorry, but that is just the reality. But on Sunday I will be back to finish up the challenge with good eating, exercising and no drinking.

It is cool/cold in KS today, so I think R and I will just hang out this morning.
Which might mean I will be pulling out my hair by the end of the day. I have an interview on Monday and I am really hoping that goes well. I miss working.  It isn't that I don't like staying home with R, because I do. I just miss using my brain and being needed for something other than meals, toddler friend, and clean up.  I know that might make me a bad mom, but I just miss working.  Plus the company that I have the interview with is a good company and I could definitely see potential to grow within the company. Which is a good thing because in my last position that was it, I couldn't really go any where else within the company. So if I don't blog on Monday it is because I am running around my house with my head cut off trying to get ready for an interview.

Have a good weekend everyone. Get outside and do something, it looks like it will be a nice weekend for KS folks. I of course will spend most of my day outside on Saturday.  Oh boy, did I ask for you guys to wish me luck?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment