Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First post of September

Well it has been awhile yet again. I have yet to get into a blogging schedule since I got laid off.

Yesterday I finally logged all my food into MFP and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty.

Yeah I went over my calorie count A LOT! But yesterday was justo a bad day. I started off good, but then I had to take R to the doctor because he has had a cough for about 3 weeks now and it wasn't getting any better. The poor kid had to sit in that little doctor's room for an hour and then we had to go to the pharmacy and hang out there for about another hour. He just couldn't sit still at either place and I was about to pull out my hair. Plus I didn't bring a snack for myself so by the time we left the doctor's office i was starving and ending up going to the nearest place (Sonic) and getting a small shake and mozzarella sticks. Not the best food choices. Ohhhhh and the doctor basically thinks that R has allergies and that we might need to have further surgeries done to fully help him. Not what I wanted to hear!!!

But on some positive notes I have been running. On Friday I did this

I ran almost 3.5 miles when my goal was 3 miles. And I ran in the morning. It was nice because the weather was beautiful and wasn't a million degrees outside. And as it usually happens my right shoe laces came unlaced and I ran with it like that for about 2.5 miles. But I did get to see that beautiful sunrise like I have been trying to see all year!

Then on Monday I ran again,but it was only 3 miles. And that run was a struggle. I wanted to stop at half a mile but I knew that I needed to keep going. I can definitely tell a diffence in my running since I haven't been going to gym to lift weights. I feel much Weaker now than I did at the beginning of June/July. So my goal is to get back into the gym again. The only problem I have right now is that R refuses to go to their daycare. At first he would sprint into the nursery, but now he freaks out at the sight of the gym. I am not sure what happened. I am going to try again this week, but I may have to start going in the evening after Jed gets off of work. Not the worst thing, but I would rather go during the day. I don't really like waiting all day to get my work out done, but that might be the only way for me to get there.

So my goal for September is to lose 5 pounds, stay on my half marathon training, log my food into MFP, and get my butt to the gym for some weight lifting. I think this is doable. I think I will start posting my weight every Friday again too. To be completely honest I haven't been on the scale much lately, I simply have been forgetting. But I also know that I haven't been eating all that well and some of that is because I haven't seen the scale go up and up like I normally do when I was weigh myself EVERDAY!

So what are your September goals? Who wants to start weighing in on Fridays with me?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment