Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday and a baby shower.

This is going to be a quick post. Today I am hosting a baby shower for my dear friend Kayla and her husband Matt. I have 2 GREAT friends co-hosting with me and to be honest I couldn't ask for a better set of friends helping me.

This is going to be more of an informative blog for ME. What do you guys want to hear from me? Do you have any questions for me? Would you rather me blog strictly about fitness or do you enjoy it when I go off in the other direction? Would you like to know more personal stuff?

Here is some basic things about me:

  • I was born Nov. 30th 1981.
  • I have a younger brother and a sister
  • I grew up in Great Bend, KS
  • I met my husband in High School. We actually met in middle school, but we didn't start to date until the end of our sophomore year.
  • I played sports growing up. My favorite was basketball. The basketball court will ALWAYS hold a special place in my heart. 
  • I was and always will be a daddy's girl. Growing up, I enjoyed being active in the things he did. So I played football as a young child because the kids on the block would ask him to come out and play and he would say "I will come out and play, but only if Jessica can be on my team." Yeah I felt pretty special. 
My dad and my kiddo. Pictures like this warm my heart! 
  • I live out in the country. And no we don't have a ranch, but we call our house, the Davis Ranch.  Not sure where that came from, but that is what we call home! 
  • We had 6 guinea hens (we bought them back in June) and we are down to ONE. Country living can be frustrating! 
  • We have had a total of 6 kittens/cats and we are down to just ONE. Once again Country living can be frustrating!
  • We have a dog named Sahara and she was my first baby. She has been with us through all the good and bad times. She got her name because she is as white as sand and Jed didn't like the name Sandy. So one day I said, Why not Sahara like the desert. And it has been Sahara ever since. She has gone to the sand dunes with us many times so I think she deserves that name! :) She is a family member and our lives wouldn't be the same without her. 



  • We LOVE to go to the sand dunes down in Oklahoma. We have also been to Utah and California for some pretty awesome ATV vacations. My first ATV was a 3 wheeler. And that 3-wheeler will always have a spot in my heart too. We still have it and the last trip, I made sure I rode that 3-wheeler and I have to say it was one of the best rides I had the WHOLE time I was down there. (yeah I have a little redneck in me!! And to be honest, I love that about myself!!)

The one on the right is mine! It looks like a 3-wheeler rodeo!! HAHAHA
  • Oh and in case you didn't know. I have a 2 year old!! Actually he will turn 3 in September and that is my world. I dropped him off at daycare today and found myself all sorts of sad because I wanted to stay home with him and just play. He can be a pain in the butt, but is MY pain in the butt and I love him. I wouldn't change him for the world. 
Well that is all I have for you today. I hope you had fun learning a little bit more about me. Like I said before, give me some feedback on what you like to read or what you would like to know about me. I LOVE getting comments down below. If you don't see a reply on this blog it is because I e-mail those replies back to that person. That way I can get a little more length if I want to :) 

I hope y'all have a good weekend. Mine is going to start off pretty awesome. I can't believe my friend is already 34 weeks pregnant(she started a blog too, go over and say hi, HERE). It brings back so many great memories for me. Okay I need to stop or I am going to get all mushy!! Have a great weekend folks! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug, Jessica! And I can't freaking wait for tonight!!! I'm pretty busy with my work deadline, but I wish I was busier so I didn't have time to think about the party until it was here. Lol.

    I think exactly what you are doing for your blog is good. Your main theme is your health & fitness, and you have to stick with that, because all of us here following your blog have come to accept the fact that we are your accountability partners by being your readers, and you'll fall apart without us (right?!?!?!) Lol. But I also like the variety of when you go "off in the other direction."

    I love your writing style, and despite knowing everything I just read, I still enjoyed reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete