Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Being sick sucks!

Yeah yeah. I got what R had last week. In fact Jed and I both got it at the same time.  Have you ever been sick at the exact same time as your husband/wife/partner? It is a little odd. It was nice having someone there, but at the same time I felt like I needed to help take care of him too.

Any ways, I am back at work today and to be honest I am not feeling the best. But I am not puking so that is a plus and I was able to take a shower and do all the things I have to do in the morning. So here I am wishing I was back in my comfy bed. Ugh.

You know what is annoying me the most about all of this?  1. I can't go to the gym 2. A freaking holiday is around the corner.  I HAVE to get better. I know that I will, but I feel like I am putting pressure on myself to get back to 100% so I can have fun and enjoy the 4th of July as much as it is possible (remember I don't particularly like this holiday, but I do like having the day off!!) The gym is closed tomorrow so that will be 3 days in a row without the gym. That makes me a little sad, but it is okay.

Another reason I am grumpy about this stupid stomach bug is because I had HUGE plans for July.  I had goals that I wanted to reach and one of those goals was NOT to sit on my couch feeling ill!! Okay I promise that is the last time I will mention being sick! But here are the goals I wrote down for July

Push up Challenge you can find HERE.  I thought this might help me with those darn push-ups that I have to do in my Group Power class.  I still HATE push ups so I thought this might help me hate them a little less. Maybe, maybe not.  It is worth a try.

There is a 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels (Bigger Loser trainer) and I have heard people talking about it for a long time and I thought I could handle that along with my normal gym activity. It is around 10 bucks at Wal-mart. If you want to know more on the challenge that other bloggers are doing, then go HERE. I still need to take my before pics, I hope to get that done tonight.

Supposedly from the 5th of July to Labor day there are exactly 60 days, I have NOT done that math, I am trusting the other people on this. You can read more about that HERE. And they thought it was a good day to run a mile every day or if you are ambitious then you can skip a day, but run extra miles on other days.  I thought this might encourage me to put my running shoes on and FREAKING RUN!

Running 6 miles without stopping is my own thing.  I NEED to be able to run 8 miles without stopping by September because, well I will get to that later.

And I need to decided if I am running a half marathon this fall.  I know that I probably can achieve this if I put my mind to it, but I can't really decide if I WANT to run a half marathon. But by the end of July I need to make up my freaking mind.  I can't start training for a fall half marathon after August and feel comfortable about running in it.

Those are my July goals. I may have over done it, but I think this is possible.  What do you think?? Do you want to join me in any of these or ALL of them?? I can send out reminders or I can post pics on instagram with a certain hashtag.  You tell me!!! Just don't leave me hanging!!! Come on, I can't be the only crazy person out there, right??  I know what you are thinking, some of this we are a couple of days behind.  That is okay. I will double up on my 30 day shred sometime during the weekend, you can TOTALLY do this still. Same with the push-up challenge.  Also let me add that the 30 day shred only takes about 20 minutes a day!! Winner winner chicken dinner!

On Friday I promise I will talk about what I am worried about and why I need to be able to run 8 miles. Until then have a GREAT 4th of July and try not to get blown up.


1 comment:

  1. I want to join you in all of them!!! Do something like this in September (okay, maybe October), and I'll do it with you...may not be able to keep up, but if I'm not actually doing it "with" you, but rather personally on my schedule, then it will at least help keep me accountable! :) In the meantime, I'll just focus on gettin' this little boy ready to make his appearance. I'm so stinkin' excited! Less than two months. Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete