Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The end of Whole30

Well, today would be day 30 on my Whole30 journey, BUT I decided to start reintroducing food groups today.  Why?? Well because my anxiety was getting the best of me.  Yesterday I pretty much had an on going anxiety attack. Why is my anxiety so high? Because I'm scared.  I'm scared that if I eat anything sweet that my sweet tooth will return IMMEDIATELY. I broke free of that already. And so some of you are saying, "well just stay away from the sweet stuff."  And that would be a great idea except that there is SUGAR in almost everything.  Seriously, take a look at your ingredient list.  Even bacon and lunch meat have sugar in it, so it is a slippery slope. 

So with yesterday being so bad I just decided to jump in.  So today I am reintroducing dairy.  I had some Pineapple Chobani for breakfast before Crossfit. 


And then on my way to work I stopped at Starbucks and got this: 
And no, that is not a black coffee.  It is a skinny Caramel Macchiato.  

So how do I feel right now.  Alright I guess.  The yogurt really didn't taste that good. And the macchiato didn't taste as good as I imagined.  This is a good thing.  It doesn't mean that I am going to go running to the nearest candy store and buy them out of Reese's Peanut butter cups. 

I really thought this would be me at the end. 

Now, I will admit that I do have a Reeses peanut butter egg with me.  Am I going to eat it??? Ummmm, I am not sure.  There is a part of me that wants to, mainly to see if I can eat it and say "well that is good, but I don't need another anytime soon." But then there is the worry that I will end up like this:

So there is that too.  But I don't want to live in Fear either.  So here is my plan as of right now.  If I get urge to eat it, then I will eat it.  If not, then it stays in my desk.  To be honest, I looking forward to Easter Sunday more than anything.  My family is getting together and there will be really good food.  So a part of me is telling me to just wait.  The good food is coming!! 

So there you have it. I made it 29 days.  I'm perfectly happy with that. The anxiety is pretty much gone.  Like I said, I'm still nervous about some foods, but it is much better than yesterday.  And what I am experiencing is pretty normal.  I think this is why some people go longer than 30 days.  There are people who do the Whole45,60,100!!!! They are my heroes. But you can read more on the anxiety of introducing foods here Whole30 day 29-3.  It explains why people have anxiety over this.  I think I let mine get a little out of control. But in the end the stress wasn't worth one more day. 

To be honest it really hasn't been that bad.  Other than the stress at the end and the headaches at the beginning. I will give a full review at the end of the week and what my plans are from here on out. 

Have a fabulous Monday!! 

That is R running during our walk last night.  We are doing something right with that kid!! He loves to be active! 

1 comment:

  1. I love you girl, you always make me smile, loll forward to your post

    ReplyDelete