Thursday, March 12, 2015

#whole30 #day11

Well..............................................................

I fell off the wagon



JOKING!

Nope, not this time.  I am on day 11 of the Whole30 program and to be honest life isn't so bad.

This last weekend wasn't all that great, it was HARD to say no to certain things, but I made it!!!

Here are some of my favorite things to eat right now.
This is one of my favorites right now, I did NOT eat the pickles, they are not compliant. 


I learned how to make homemade hash browns for this breakfast. And it was worth it, I wish I would have learned to do that earlier because it was EASY and yummy.

Just a simple Chicken Salad with salsa instead of dressing. It was okay, but I think next time I will make some ranch dressing and put that on there. 

This is Reid having Popcorn.  I LOVE POPCORN. We went into Target and Reid wanted popcorn. I asked myself "Can I handle this?" YEP. So Reid had popcorn and I had NONE! A HUGE WIN FOR ME!!!! 

So let's talk about what I am missing/craving!

A latte from Starbucks sounds about heavenly right now. 


 Oh How I miss sitting outside with one of these babies in my hand. I know I sound like an alcoholic, but there is something about having a beer after a long day of work. 

Oh Reese's, you and I have a love-hate relationship.  I love to EAT you, but I HATE how you make me feel. 

The reality of all of this.  Do I miss those items, yes. BUT not as much as I thought I would. It has been pretty empowering to say NO. I hold my head up high walking past the end cap of Reese's peanut butter eggs.  I feel amazing when I wake up in the morning, not sluggish from the 2 or 3 beers that I had the night before. And I no longer NEED that second cup of coffee in the afternoon.  I am down to one cup in the morning and that is it.  I also don't need the sugary stuff in my coffee anymore, it is just coffee now.  These are all amazing things.  I use to go to the grocery store and buy Reese's peanut butter eggs and eat them before I got home.  And yes I said them, I would buy 2 and eat them both in less than 10 minutes.  That is sad! I use to think I was more fun or relaxed if I had a few drinks.  Not the case.  I'm pretty awesome without it! And last but not least I would reward myself with frothy goodness from Starbucks. You have all seen this before, right?  Well it is true. 

Now let me explain something first.  I believe there is something to be said for:
Going to the gym 4-5 days a week and working hard
Nailing your diet/dietary goals for the week
Hitting your weigh in goals 
At this point if you want to go have pizza on Saturday and some beers, then go do IT!! 

My problem would be: 
Go to the gym
Then find something yummy to eat!! 
(EVERY TIME) 

OR 
Yay, I reach that deadline at work. Now I deserve that latte from Starbucks. after missing my workout that morning. 

NO!!!! I think for me, if I reach any kind of goal, small or large, I would reward myself with food and drinks. That isn't necessary. There are other ways to reward yourself, like clothing, shoes, gym accessories, new lip gloss, a pedicure, etc. Some people reward themselves with little things and then I have seen people set a big goal and then reward themselves with big rewards like vacations and expensive purses. I personally have a hard time setting a goal and a reward for meeting that goal. I think this is something I need to work on. So here is to day 12 being better than day 11!! I feel like it keeps getting better from this point on.  I CAN DO THIS!!! 

What do you reward yourself with?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment