Friday, January 3, 2014

Let's try this again

New year so let's start some things over. I know I haven't posted in forever but I was in a blogging funk and that is mostly due to the fact that I wasn't working out either. Boo! Why wasn't I working out?? Well it is simple, I didn't make it a priority. But I am jumping on the New Years band wagon and starting fresh, AGAIN! I am so dedicated that I am blogging on my phone over the my lunch break. 

So here are my 2014 goals!

• To be strong and fit
• Run a half marathon 
• To calm down, take things down a notch (I think my husband and child could use a vacation from the crazy train) 
• Get organized 
• Get to work on time!
•blog 3 times a week. ( I really love to blog, I just didn't make the time for it) 


A lot of these are vague, I know. But that is what I got for now. But I did do this earlier this week 
 
Yeah I signed up for a half marathon in April in Abilene Ks. My cousin's husband will be running with me (well ahead of me but he will be there too). And since I did that, I got my butt to the gym this morning and I was able to run a mile and then I walked on the treadmill uphill for a while. 

I burned a good 300 calories. Not too bad for my first day back. Btw, that is a Christmas present and I LOVE it!!! 

Another thing I love is this

Because you can make these: 

So good!!! I have turkey sausage, cheese, egg, and siracha in my English muffin. Ohhhh my. It is so good. (I just bought some Ezekiel muffins, so I will start using them tomorrow) 

And I am back to weighing in on Fridays. This is actually yesterday's weight but whatever 

Yeah it is bad!! I know. But I am still about 10 pounds lighter than last year at this time. 

My goal is to FEEL better in my skin and I don't feel good right now. I will say even after today's workout I feel better than I did yesterday so I am heading in the right direction. 

And it wouldn't be complete if I didn't post a pic of my kid. So here ya go!! :) 


What are your New Year Resolutions? Is one of them to run a half marathon with me??? Lol come on, you can do it!! 

2 comments:

  1. hey, was just thinkin' about you guys the other day and how it'd been forever since we'd seen you. i hope you guys had a great christmas and new year's.

    so here it is...a new year and i'm not pregnant, so i probably should make one of my resolutions to run with you. i'm just not certain how i feel about half a marathon. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always feels good to get focused again! I love how you write down your goals. I'm doing that this weekend too. Here's to a fit and successful 2014!

    ReplyDelete