Wednesday, January 29, 2014

don't blink you might miss it

Hey, I'm still here! It has been a busy week at work and a busy week at home. All is good, just busy.  But I'm still working out and watching what I eat. This is going to be quick, but I wanted to update you on some things.

1.) I watched a documentary called "Hungry for change" and I honestly think I am going to look back at this documentary and say it changed my life.  I could be wrong, but it really opened my eyes.

2.) After the documentary I did this:
Yeah I went to library and found a bunch of food books. I want to know what I am putting in my body and I want to know what is going to make me the BEST mom, wife, daughter, employee, sister, etc... I want to be the best that I can be!

3.) I slowly jogged 4 miles on Sunday! BOOM! It felt amazing!




It was freaking slow, but I didn't stop to walk ONCE! And I felt like I was on top of the world afterwards!

5.) I had to run 3 miles yesterday and I STRUGGLED.  I was running on a treadmill and it SUCKED.  I have come to the conclusion that I HATE HATE HATE HATE treadmills!! I did walk and I walked several times, I just couldn't get into that mode. It stunk. But I logged those stinking 3 miles and I got my butt to the gym before work. To me, that is a win!

6.) I want to talk about the documentary some more, but for now I will tell you that there is one thing that I have started to do since then and that is tell myself this:
I tell myself this twice a day and I tell myself this when I am struggling or when I am happy! People it is helping!!

7.) We didn't have power today and all the things I planned on bringing with me to work today did NOT happen and I ate pizza for lunch. It is what it is folks. And I didn't get to the gym this morning. But that is okay because i'm pretty sure either P90X or some other kind of work out is calling my name tonight after I put R to bed.

8.) oh and because I Accept myself as I am RIGHT NOW, here is an update pic of me. It is totally not my favorite, but it is me.




This is me before the HORRIBLE 3 miles that I slowly jogged.

9.) R is adjusting to his new daycare, but I'm still not 100% sure that he is where he should be. I will keep you updated on that. But on Saturday we went to the park because it was BEAUTIFUL outside.




he kept telling me he didn't want to take a picture, so this is all I got! I have no idea who that kid is on top of tunnel.

10.) I can't leave you on an odd number, that isn't right. So 10 is......................................................... a question.  What kind of health books do you read?  Or what documentary opened your eyes??

Have a GREAT week! Mine is flying by, but that isn't so bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment