Friday, February 21, 2014

ALL.THE.CARBS.

Oh boy what a week. I mean yeah I had a REALLY good day, one day this week and the rest have been bleh. Not bad, but not good either.  That is okay though. I made it to the gym 3 days this week and I was going to go this morning, but I saw 12:01 a.m. hit my phone and I knew I wouldn't get up in 4 1/2 hours, it just wouldn't happen. So I didn't go to the gym this morning, but I do have 2 games of volleyball tonight. And my plan is to get up around 7:00 tomorrow and go for a 6 mile run. yeah you read that, 6 miles. These long runs are getting ridiculous and a little scary, but also exciting.



As for my eating, well that has been about as bleh as my week has been. I do GREAT in the morning and for my morning snack, but then lunch comes and I want to eat ALL.THE.CARBS. It doesn't matter if I am under my calorie count and I work out, if I eat high carb meals for lunch and dinner, well...... I gain weight. womp womp.  Who's fault is that?? Well I say it is Gods fault. No?!?!? okay, maybe my parents, Buddha, my boss, my child, oh oh oh I know...... Papa smorf!! Okay enough of the nonsense, I know it is my fault. And maybe a little God's, I mean he could have given me a better metabolism, am I right??



So this morning I got all sorts of depressed realizing that I have a CARB problem. Hi, My name is Jessica and I'm a Carboholic. My rock bottom was eating FOUR pieces of bread for lunch.



 I want to have my cake and eat it too, LITERALLY! So I started to think about what I need to do.  One thing I need is a better relationship with carbs and no I don't mean physically. What I mean is that I need to be able to think of them like any other type of food, I need to be able to say no and not feel like my high school boyfriend just dumped me. So today I was going to go completely off carbs and not eat a single one. Well that last until lunch time. And then I asked a friend to go with me to lunch and I had a delicious hamburger with a bun and fries. I was having a bad morning and I honestly didn't give a rat's butt what I ate. And then I had ice cream afterwards. And now I feel like pooh on a stick. I just feel awful, mentally and physically.  I kind of a feel like a failure. So back to the drawing board.



So I got to thinking about carbs and what I thought the solution is, AGAIN.  And I obvisiously can't just get rid of them. I have heard of people doing "carb cycling" and so I googled it and at first I thought well crap, this isn't for me.  This is for muscle builders.  But then I kept reading and found out that this type of "diet" is used to DESTROY fat and build muscle. Well isn't that what I want to do?? Isn't that the point of working out and eating healthy?? I don't want fat on my body and muscle is awesome! So I kept reading other articles and yes some trainers are completely on board with their non-muscle builder clients carb cycling, in fact some of them have all their clients do this. So why not me?? Or better question might be, what the heck is carb cycling (what you haven't googled it yet??) It is alternating High Carb days with Low Carb days and some trainers even go as far as NO carb days.  I don't know that I can do No carb days, oh well heck, we know I can't, I couldn't go 12 hours today without carbs. So Low carb it is. Here is a good illustration for you

So come Monday this is what I am going to start. This might be a fad diet or this might be a life style change, who knows, but all I know is that something has to change. I like this idea because I don't have to completely get rid of carbs all together and there isn't a ridiculous long waitt before I can start "introducing" carbs back into my diet. This seems like a good compromise for ME!



Also I want to state that not all people need to give up (cut down on) carbs.  I have a friend who strictly counts her calorie intake and works out, that is it. She lost her 20 pounds and has kept it off for YEARS. She does indulge from time to time, but for the most part she doesn't NEED to indulge. She is basically awesome. Then there is my husband and I think that kid NEEDS carbs, He has a high metabolism and I think carbs get him through the day. He doesn't need to lose weight. But for me, I have seen over and over again that if I LIMIT my carb intake I get the best results, but my problem is that I can't seem to stay away from them FOREVER and when I start to slowing eat them again I go a little Carb Crazy! So I'm hoping with something like this, I can have my cake and eat it too. Okay that isn't possible, but I'm hoping this is a little more reasonable for ME.

Well that is all I got for you on this FABULOUS Friday. I hope you all have a great weekend and wish me luck on my 6 miles tomorrow.

 
 


I think the last one sums it up :)
 
Have a good one folks.  And if you don't like ecards, well then you can..... (I want to say "SUCK IT!!")politely comment on my facebook page about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment