Monday, November 4, 2013

A new chapter and a new challenge

Okay so I have been gone for a while now. Sorry about that. While being laid off, I was taking care of R and looking for a job. It was becoming stressful tryst all that and blog at the same time so I stopped. But THANKFULLY I am working now. I got a new job (actually at a place I worked before but a different position). I have mentioned this before, I thrive on routine and while I was laid off, I found it really hard to fit blogging into my routine. I am hoping that I can blog over my lunch hour. And let me tell you how much I appreciate a lunch hour now. When you are a stay at home mom, you don't get a lunch hour. You get nap time and that time is used to do laundry or clean up from lunch. It is just different. I would also like to say that my appreciation for stay at home moms has increased immensely. I never realized how hard it is until I did it. It wasn't that I didn't appreciate them before, I just never truly understood all their hardships and sacrifices. Don't get me wrong, I love R and I love spending time with R, but I also felt a lot more stressed out when I was home with him. I also took everything he did so personal, for example, if he got bossy at the library I felt like I was raising a bossy kid. It was no ones fault but my own. That isn't true, but that is way I felt. Also, R missed his friends at daycare and now he looks forward to seeing them. He still misses his mom, but I know that he is still growing and learning valuable things at daycare. This just works best for MY family. With that said, it was still hard to go back to work and not have R with me. He became a part of me and I felt like I was leaving a part of me at home. It was like he became an extra arm or leg. He was just part of me and I got use to having him around, at all times. Lol but we are adjusting well I think.

So last week I took the time to get acquainted with my job and new routine, but I decided this week I was going to concentrate on my new goal. I want to lose 15-20 pounds before 1/1/2014. I weigh 170 now and I would really like to end the year with a lower number on that scale. So this morning I hit the gym bright and early. My arms are freaking sore, but it is a good sore. I know I did something this morning and it was worth getting up that early.

The other thing I am focusing on this week is cleaning up my eating, I have gotten lazy with my eating and I need to clean it up. I feel really focused right now and I hope it lasts.

I know that my weight hasn't gone up that much, I think at my lowest I was 167ish, but I have lost a lot of my muscle and I miss my muscles. I miss how my clothes used to fit. And I miss how confident I was feeling.

So that is what i have been up to lately. How about you guys? Do you have any goals set for the holidays? Oh did I mention my birthday is at the end of the month which might be another reason to get my butt in shape. Plus there are some things I want to achieve in 2014 and losing the weight will help.

I am running out of time. So I will leave ya with some pics. Have a good week folks!

 

 

 

So as you can see we were busy. I do miss spending the day with that little guy, but I know that he is still having fun and enjoying his time with his friends. Plus I get a HUGE hug whenever I pick him up from day care and he never really hugged me like that when I was stayng home with him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment